Whether you are a corporation, an organization or a team, groups of like-minded individuals banding together as a peer to peer fundraising team can make a significant impact in feeding homebound seniors.
The results of this type of fundraising are proving to be powerful and meaningful. When more people get involved in the fundraising team’s campaign as donors or participants, more dollars can be raised. This is a great approach to adding value to your workplace, group, or organization’s culture, engaging others and enjoying the group motivation of helping people in great need.
- Largest Team Family/Friend
- Largest Team Corporate
- Best Dressed Team
- Most Creative Team Name
- Fastest Team (One for Each Distance)
- Highest Fundraising Team
“Together, ordinary people can achieve extraordinary results.” - Becka Schoettle
We want to say a huge THANK YOU to you for stepping up and leading a Love Run team... your extra time & effort is truly appreciated, especially by the seniors in our community who rely on our Meals On Wheels program for their food each day. For many of our Meals on Wheels recipients, their volunteer delivery driver will be the only contact they will have all day. We just want you to know that what you are doing really matters and makes a difference...
SET YOUR GOALS!
Recruitment goal: Aim to recruit a specific number of team members...and then work hard to meet or beat it! Be sure to encourage your team members to recruit from their networks too. The Love Run is much more fun when working together to achieve a goal!
Fundraising goal: Set a realistic team goal and share it with team members, friends and family. Spread the word that your team is raising vital funds to feed the seniors of our community & that every dollar counts. You’d be surprised how many people want to help if they know what you’re working toward!
BUILD YOUR TEAM!
- Identify people that want to support your cause: Reach out to friends, family, neighbors, classmates & co-workers (basically everyone) and ask them to join your team. Heck...shout it from the rooftops!
- Host a virtual recruitment event: Set a date to meet up with friends in a chat room, Google meeting, Zoom Room, group FaceTime...you get the idea. Explain
- Love Run’s mission & let them know how they can help!
- Make registration easy: Share the link where team members can easily register for the Love Run and make sure they understand how to join your team and register as a fundraiser!
- Be a cheerleader: If you’re enthusiastic about the cause your excitement will be contagious. Share Love Run’s mission of running senior hunger out of our community and ask others to join you in being a part of making it happen!
- Use Social Media: Connect with your followers & friends, both old & new, through your social media platforms & let them know that you’re building a team and encourage them to join you!
KICK-START YOUR FUNDRAISING!
- Customize your team’s fundraising page: Add photos and a personal heartfelt message to your team’s fundraising page to engage & excite your team members & supporters!
- Tell people your “why”: Let your supporters know WHY the cause is important to you and why your team is fundraising for the Love Run benefiting Senior Concerns’ Meals On Wheels program!
- Lead by example: Make the first contribution to your team showing your team that you believe in them and your supporters that you are personally committed to the cause!
THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX WHEN FUNDRAISING!
- Maximize your gift: Many corporations will match their employee’s donations. Encourage team members to learn about their matching programs. Some companies have grant programs that allow employees to volunteer their time and have their wages pledged to a charity!
- Design team “swag”: Create custom team t-shirts, tanks, hats, bandanas, etc. and sell them with the profits of the sales going toward your team fundraiser!
- Team Sponsors: If your team creates custom t-shirts see if you can sell “sponsorship” space on the t- shirt & add the money raised to your fundraiser!
Create a friendly competition: Announce awards that will be given to the highest fundraisers on your team. Post weekly updates to your team’s social media page to get team members excited to be top fundraiser...at least for that week!
- Online communication: Put a link to donate to your fundraising page in the signature line of your emails and encourage your team members to do the same!
She told two friends & he told two friends: Don’t be afraid to reach out to friends, family, spouse or significant other, neighbors, the mailman...you get it. Tell them your goal and ask them to spread the word. Share your passion. You never know...it just may become someone else’s passion too!
- Honor or memory donations: Encourage people to donate “in honor” or “in memory” of someone special to them! Maybe they know someone receiving or that has received Meals On Wheels!
- Co-workers for a cause: Have fun & raise money with a company Love Run team! Designate a “donation day” with prizes. Hold a Love Run “dress groovy day” & allow employees to dress up in their grooviest attire for a donation, offer raffle tickets for each employee that registers for the Love Run and/ or donates & have fun prizes, sell raffle tickets to employees for an extra vacation day...the possibilities are endless!
KEEP IN TOUCH!
- Regular updates: Let your team members & supporters know how close you are to reaching your goal and how much more needs to be raised. Remind them how important their support is. Remember, $10 can feed a senior in need for an entire day!
- Social Media shoutouts: Give team members and supporters personal “shout outs” for working hard... everyone likes to see their name in lights every once in a while & it can create more excitement!
- Gratitude goes a long way: Thank each person that helps your and your team reach your goal. Let them know that they are an important part of your accomplishment and that they are making a difference!
MOST IMPORTANTLY...REMEMBER YOUR WHY!
100% of the proceeds from the Love Run goes to feeding seniors in need in our community. For many Meals On Wheels recipients their volunteer delivery driver will be the only human contact they have all day! Our seniors need you now more than ever and by making a commitment to fundraising, you are showing them that they are not alone and that they are not forgotten! THANK YOU!